Working with the Community
A secondee’s story in the West Kimberley, 2015. Video by Qantas.
Key partner organisations in the region include the following:
- KLC – Kimberley Land Council
- KRED Enterprises
- Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre
- Nirrumbuk Aboriginal Corporation
- Nyamba Buru Yawuru
Communities supported include Ardyaloon, Beagle Bay, Fitzroy Crossing, and Lombadina.
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Shane has played a key role in driving initiatives designed to empower Indigenous Australia to shape their future by choice, not chance. This has included contributions to significant legislative and policy reforms such as the South Australian Constitutional amendment to recognise Aboriginal custodianship of lands and waters and the introduction of SA’s first Aboriginal Business Procurement policy.
Shane was also a founding member of the Law Society SA, Indigenous Law Student Mentoring Program and in 2018 joined the Don Dunstan Foundation Committee of Management. In 2019 Shane became an Atlantic Senior Fellow for Social Equity and is helping to shape the Indigenous led response to the 4th industrial revolution and the new economy.
Shane has Torres Strait Islander, Singaporean and Kiwi ancestry and in 2019 was appointed General Manager – Regions at Jawun.
To contact Shane, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Indigenous-led enterprise in West Kimberley
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- West Kimberley Economic Development Agenda
- Improving Safety and Skills
- Kimberley Land Council Cultural Enterprise Hub
- Reshaping the Future for Nirrumbuk Aboriginal Corporation
- Supporting the Establishment of Beagle Bay Futures Indigenous Corporation
- Supporting the Kimberley Land Council