North East Arnhem Land
Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in North East Arnhem Land include the following:
- Buku Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre
- Dhimurru Aboriginal Corporation
- Gumatj Corporation
- Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation
- Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism
- Marngarr Resource Centre
- Miwatj Employment and Participation
- Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation
Communities supported include Gunyangara, Nhulunbuy, and Yirrkala.
Jawun North East Arnhem Land, Regional Manager> Read more
In April 2018, Tanaya joined Jawun as Regional Manager for North East Arnhem Land.
Prior to working for Jawun, Tanaya spent 9 years working across various roles for Suncorp, most recently as an Effectiveness Advisor. Here she managed programs and initiatives that primarily focus on strategy, change management, risk, customer and engagement and enablement for over 500 employees across four states.
In her spare time, Tanaya enjoyed volunteering for Indigenous health programs aimed at closing the gap on Indigenous health through positive prevention strategies. This passion lead her to take a career break to lead the Indigenous Healthy Lifestyle program at her local Aboriginal Medical Centre Awabakal Ltd.
Tanaya draws on her experience of human centred design, community engagement, project and event management, change management, and delivering on strategy into the role as Regional Manager.
To contact Tanaya, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
In 2015, Glenn was appointed as the Regional Director for Jawun’s Cape York operations supporting the Indigenous communities of Cape York. In June 2017 he was appointed to the role of Jawun’s General Manager, Regions, supporting the local leadership in East and West Kimberley, North East Arnhem Land, Cape York and more recently Goulburn Murray.
Prior to joining Jawun, Glenn had a distinguished career working with some of Australia’s largest corporates. He has vast experience in management, including running his own businesses for five years, in excess of 11 years banking with Westpac and NAB and running Telstra stores across 3 states. Glenn joined Jawun 6 years after having done a secondment in 2009 working alongside the Archer Point Trust in Cooktown.
Glenn is an avid learner holding a number of qualifications including a Bachelor of Accounting and an Executive MBA from RMIT in Melbourne, which provided him the opportunity to study overseas in four countries.
To contact Glenn, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Rarrtjiwuy Melanie Herdman — a rising Yolŋu voice
- CBA Customer Advocacy: Understanding Indigenous perspectives to support Customers
- Town Vision and a community in transition
- Yolngu and Ngapaki Come Together
- Supporting Yolngu managers to drive change for their communities
- Supporting Gumatj Corporation's Prisoner Rehabilitation Program
- Supporting Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism Aboriginal Corporation
- Strengthening Gumatj Corporation's Small Business Framework