North East Arnhem Land
Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in North East Arnhem Land include the following:
- Buku Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre
- Dhimurru Aboriginal Corporation
- Gumatj Corporation
- Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation
- Marngarr Resource Centre
- Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation
- Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation
Communities supported include Gunyangara, Nhulunbuy, and Yirrkala.
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Shane has played a key role in driving initiatives designed to empower Indigenous Australia to shape their future by choice, not chance. This has included contributions to significant legislative and policy reforms such as the South Australian Constitutional amendment to recognise Aboriginal custodianship of lands and waters and the introduction of SA’s first Aboriginal Business Procurement policy.
Shane was also a founding member of the Law Society SA, Indigenous Law Student Mentoring Program and in 2018 joined the Don Dunstan Foundation Committee of Management. In 2019 Shane became an Atlantic Senior Fellow for Social Equity and is helping to shape the Indigenous led response to the 4th industrial revolution and the new economy.
Shane has Torres Strait Islander, Singaporean and Kiwi ancestry and in 2019 was appointed General Manager – Regions at Jawun.
To contact Shane, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Rarrtjiwuy Melanie Herdman — a rising Yolŋu voice
- CBA Customer Advocacy: Understanding Indigenous perspectives to support Customers
- Town Vision and a community in transition
- Yolngu and Ngapaki Come Together
- Supporting Yolngu managers to drive change for their communities
- Supporting Gumatj Corporation's Prisoner Rehabilitation Program
- Supporting Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism Aboriginal Corporation
- Strengthening Gumatj Corporation's Small Business Framework