Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Inner Sydney include the following:
- Gadigal Information Service
- Gujaga Child Care
- Guriwal Aboriginal Corporation
- Inner Sydney Empowered Communities (ISEC)
- La Perouse LALC
- La Perouse Youth Haven
- National Centre of Indigenous Excellence
- Tranby National Indigenous Adult Education and Training
- Tribal Warrior
- Wyanga Aged Care
Communities supported include Redfern and La Perouse.
Jawun Regional Director, Inner Sydney> Read more
Ed Morris joined Jawun as the Regional Director of Inner Sydney in 2018. Enjoying an eclectic career as a Musician, Academic, Advisor to Australia’s Permanent Mission to the UN, KPMG Consultant, and Senior Advisor to Federal Parliamentarians, Ed brings experience in strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, and policy development to the Regional Director Role. Ed’s interest in the Indigenous empowerment agenda developed at university while volunteering for the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience, and deepened as a KPMG Consultant, where he supported Indigenous communities in Regional NSW through capacity building initiatives.
To contact Ed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
In July 2015, Nick was appointed General Manager, Regions, overseeing Jawun’s operations in Inner Sydney, the NSW Central Coast, Goulburn Murray, the NPY Lands, and the Lower River Murray, Lakes & Coorong in South Australia.
Prior to this, Nick was Regional Director for the NSW Central Coast. He has also worked as Regional Director for Goulburn Murray.
Before he joined Jawun, Nick spent six years living and working in remote Indigenous communities in both Australia and Canada. He worked as the sports and recreation officer with the Alpurrurulam Community Government Council in the Northern Territory, and later moved to Canada, where he held senior management positions with Indigenous healthcare organisations, designing innovative programs focused on building the self-esteem of Indigenous people.
Nick holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Melbourne, a Diploma of Landscape Design, and an MBA from the University of South Australia.
To contact Nick, please email: email@example.com
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Jawun’s inaugural ‘reverse secondment’ in action
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- Employment for youth
- A Strong Partnership
- New way of working with government to design an Aboriginal-led aged care Hub
- Ongoing benefits to the community
- Supporting Tranby Aboriginal College
- Operational Review of Tribal Warrior Association
- Supporting Babana Aboriginal Men's Group
- Building Solid Foundations for La Perouse Local Aboriginal Land Council