Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Inner Sydney include the following:
- Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES)
- Aboriginal Housing Company
- Gadigal Information Service
- Gamayngal Health Service
- Gujaga Aboriginal Corporation
- Guriwal Aboriginal Corporation
- Inner Sydney Empowered Communities (ISEC)
- La Perouse LALC
- La Perouse Youth Haven
- National Centre of Indigenous Excellence
- Redfern Youth Connect
- Tranby National Indigenous Adult Education and Training
- Tribal Warrior
- Wyanga Aged Care
Communities supported include Redfern and La Perouse.
Jawun Regional Director, Inner Sydney> Read more
Ed Morris joined Jawun as the Regional Director of Inner Sydney in 2018. Enjoying an eclectic career as a Musician, Academic, Advisor to Australia’s Permanent Mission to the UN, KPMG Consultant, and Senior Advisor to Federal Parliamentarians, Ed brings experience in strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, and policy development to the Regional Director Role. Ed’s interest in the Indigenous empowerment agenda developed at university while volunteering for the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience, and deepened as a KPMG Consultant, where he supported Indigenous communities in Regional NSW through capacity building initiatives.
To contact Ed, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Shane has played a key role in driving initiatives designed to empower Indigenous Australia to shape their future by choice, not chance. This has included contributions to significant legislative and policy reforms such as the South Australian Constitutional amendment to recognise Aboriginal custodianship of lands and waters and the introduction of SA’s first Aboriginal Business Procurement policy.
Shane was also a founding member of the Law Society SA, Indigenous Law Student Mentoring Program and in 2018 joined the Don Dunstan Foundation Committee of Management. In 2019 Shane became an Atlantic Senior Fellow for Social Equity and is helping to shape the Indigenous led response to the 4th industrial revolution and the new economy.
Shane has Torres Strait Islander, Singaporean and Kiwi ancestry and in 2019 was appointed General Manager – Regions at Jawun.
To contact Shane, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Community Panels – putting joint decision making into practice in Inner Sydney
- Jawun’s inaugural ‘reverse secondment’ in action
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- Employment for youth
- A Strong Partnership
- New way of working with government to design an Aboriginal-led aged care Hub
- Ongoing benefits to the community
- Supporting Tranby Aboriginal College
- Operational Review of Tribal Warrior Association
- Building Solid Foundations for La Perouse Local Aboriginal Land Council
- The Reform Journey of the La Perouse Community