Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Inner Sydney include the following:
- Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES)
- Aboriginal Housing Company
- Gadigal Information Service
- Gamayngal Health Service
- Gujaga Aboriginal Corporation
- Guriwal Aboriginal Corporation
- Inner Sydney Empowered Communities (ISEC)
- La Perouse LALC
- La Perouse Youth Haven
- National Centre of Indigenous Excellence
- Redfern Youth Connect
- Tranby National Indigenous Adult Education and Training
- Tribal Warrior
- Wyanga Aged Care
Communities supported include Redfern and La Perouse.
Jawun Regional Director, Inner Sydney> Read more
Ed Morris joined Jawun as the Regional Director of Inner Sydney in 2018. Enjoying an eclectic career as a Musician, Academic, Advisor to Australia’s Permanent Mission to the UN, KPMG Consultant, and Senior Advisor to Federal Parliamentarians, Ed brings experience in strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, and policy development to the Regional Director Role. Ed’s interest in the Indigenous empowerment agenda developed at university while volunteering for the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience, and deepened as a KPMG Consultant, where he supported Indigenous communities in Regional NSW through capacity building initiatives.
To contact Ed, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Fergus commenced as Jawun General Manager – Regions in 2021 after 3 years as Jawun’s Regional Director for the Central Coast region.
Prior to working on the Central Coast, Fergus was the Jawun Regional Director for the Inner Sydney region. Fergus’ connection with Jawun started back in 2014 as a Jawun secondee to the West Kimberley region, supporting the Kimberley Land Council to commence the design of a leadership development program.
Fergus comes to Jawun from a career in project management across construction, engineering and business transformation projects for both government and the private sector. Fergus brings a mix of organisational and business management skills to supplement experience in stakeholder engagement, facilitation and people development to the Regional Director role.
Growing up in regional Australia on Yorta Yorta land, Fergus is excited to be working back in a regional area on Darkinjung country and is motivated to help the local organisations and leadership achieve the best possible outcomes for their community.
Fergus has a passion for people development and the mentoring and coaching of others to help them be successful and achieve their best. This has included involvement in an engineering Indigenous internship program and tutoring for Indigenous high school students.
To contact Fergus, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Community Panels – putting joint decision making into practice in Inner Sydney
- Jawun’s inaugural ‘reverse secondment’ in action
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- Employment for youth
- A Strong Partnership
- New way of working with government to design an Aboriginal-led aged care Hub
- Ongoing benefits to the community
- Supporting Tranby Aboriginal College
- Operational Review of Tribal Warrior Association
- Building Solid Foundations for La Perouse Local Aboriginal Land Council
- The Reform Journey of the La Perouse Community