Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Goulburn Murray include the following:
- Algabonyah Community Cabinet
- Kaiela Arts
- Kaiela Institute
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
- Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-operative
- Rumbalara Football & Netball Club
Communities supported include Echuca and Shepparton.
Jawun Regional Director, Goulburn Murray> Read more
Wayne Dagger joined Jawun as Regional Director in May 2013.
Wayne was born and raised in the Goulburn Murray region. He began his working career in the retail sector at Kmart Australia, where he remained for over 24 years. He has 15 years’ experience in various managerial roles with Kmart, which has allowed him to consolidate strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
In more recent times, Wayne has participated in the Jawun employment pilot program in Shepparton and was a participant of the inaugural Emerging Leaders program in 2011, where he developed a strong interest in working with Indigenous communities.
Wayne is married with four children; having lived in the Goulburn Murray area most of his life, he has been able to gain a great understanding of the region and its needs.
To contact Wayne, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
In July 2015, Nick was appointed General Manager, Regions, overseeing Jawun’s operations in Inner Sydney, the NSW Central Coast, Goulburn Murray, NPY Lands and the Lower River Murray, Lakes & Coorong in South Australia.
Prior to this, Nick was Regional Director for the NSW Central Coast. He has also worked as Regional Director for Goulburn Murray.
Before he joined Jawun, Nick spent six years living and working in remote Indigenous communities in both Australia and Canada. He worked as the sports and recreation officer with the Alpurrurulam Community Government Council in the Northern Territory, and later moved to Canada, where he held senior management positions with Indigenous healthcare organisations, designing innovative programs focused on building the self-esteem of Indigenous people.
Nick holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Melbourne, a Diploma of Landscape Design, and an MBA from the University of South Australia.
To contact Nick, please email: email@example.com
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Speeches, secondees, and cross-sectoral commitment for reform
- Strenghtening ASHE-Fest, Strengthening Culture
- Restoring Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative to the heart of the community
- Supporting Best Practice at Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation
- Preserving Yorta Yorta Language in Goulburn Murray
- Supporting the Merger to Create Kaiela Institute
- Supporting the Growth of the Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative
- KPMG Supports Empowered Communities in Goulburn Murray