Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Goulburn Murray include the following:
- Algabonyah Community Cabinet
- Kaiela Arts
- Kaiela Institute
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
- Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-operative
- Rumbalara Football & Netball Club
Communities supported include Echuca and Shepparton.
Jawun Regional Director, Goulburn Murray> Read more
Wayne Dagger joined Jawun as Regional Director in May 2013.
Wayne was born and raised in the Goulburn Murray region. He began his working career in the retail sector at Kmart Australia, where he remained for over 24 years. He has 15 years’ experience in various managerial roles with Kmart, which has allowed him to consolidate strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
In more recent times, Wayne has participated in the Jawun employment pilot program in Shepparton and was a participant of the inaugural Emerging Leaders program in 2011, where he developed a strong interest in working with Indigenous communities.
Wayne is married with four children; having lived in the Goulburn Murray area most of his life, he has been able to gain a great understanding of the region and its needs.
To contact Wayne, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Shane has played a key role in driving initiatives designed to empower Indigenous Australia to shape their future by choice, not chance. This has included contributions to significant legislative and policy reforms such as the South Australian Constitutional amendment to recognise Aboriginal custodianship of lands and waters and the introduction of SA’s first Aboriginal Business Procurement policy.
Shane was also a founding member of the Law Society SA, Indigenous Law Student Mentoring Program and in 2018 joined the Don Dunstan Foundation Committee of Management. In 2019 Shane became an Atlantic Senior Fellow for Social Equity and is helping to shape the Indigenous led response to the 4th industrial revolution and the new economy.
Shane has Torres Strait Islander, Singaporean and Kiwi ancestry and in 2019 was appointed General Manager – Regions at Jawun.
To contact Shane, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Speeches, secondees, and cross-sectoral commitment for reform
- Strenghtening ASHE-Fest, Strengthening Culture
- Restoring Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative to the heart of the community
- Supporting Best Practice at Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation
- Preserving Yorta Yorta Language in Goulburn Murray
- Supporting the Merger to Create Kaiela Institute
- Supporting the Growth of the Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative
- KPMG Supports Empowered Communities in Goulburn Murray