Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Goulburn Murray include the following:
- Algabonyah Community Cabinet
- Kaiela Arts
- Kaiela Institute
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
- Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-operative
- Rumbalara Football & Netball Club
Communities supported include Echuca and Shepparton.
Jawun Regional Director, Goulburn Murray> Read more
Wayne Dagger joined Jawun as Regional Director in May 2013.
Wayne was born and raised in the Goulburn Murray region. He began his working career in the retail sector at Kmart Australia, where he remained for over 24 years. He has 15 years’ experience in various managerial roles with Kmart, which has allowed him to consolidate strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
In more recent times, Wayne has participated in the Jawun employment pilot program in Shepparton and was a participant of the inaugural Emerging Leaders program in 2011, where he developed a strong interest in working with Indigenous communities.
Wayne is married with four children; having lived in the Goulburn Murray area most of his life, he has been able to gain a great understanding of the region and its needs.
To contact Wayne, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
In 2015, Glenn was appointed as the Regional Director for Jawun’s Cape York operations supporting the Indigenous communities of Cape York. In June 2017 he was appointed to the role of Jawun’s General Manager, Regions, supporting the local leadership in East and West Kimberley, North East Arnhem Land, Cape York and more recently Goulburn Murray.
Prior to joining Jawun, Glenn had a distinguished career working with some of Australia’s largest corporates. He has vast experience in management, including running his own businesses for five years, in excess of 11 years banking with Westpac and NAB and running Telstra stores across 3 states. Glenn joined Jawun 6 years after having done a secondment in 2009 working alongside the Archer Point Trust in Cooktown.
Glenn is an avid learner holding a number of qualifications including a Bachelor of Accounting and an Executive MBA from RMIT in Melbourne, which provided him the opportunity to study overseas in four countries.
To contact Glenn, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Speeches, secondees, and cross-sectoral commitment for reform
- Strenghtening ASHE-Fest, Strengthening Culture
- Restoring Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative to the heart of the community
- Supporting Best Practice at Yorta Yorta Nation Aboriginal Corporation
- Preserving Yorta Yorta Language in Goulburn Murray
- Supporting the Merger to Create Kaiela Institute
- Supporting the Growth of the Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative
- KPMG Supports Empowered Communities in Goulburn Murray