Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in East Kimberley include the following:
- Binarri-binyja Yarrawoo Aboriginal Corporation
- Gelganyem Limited (Gelganyem Trust)
- Kununurra Waringarri Aboriginal Corporation
- MG Corp
- Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring Language and Culture Centre
- Ngnowar Aerwah Aboriginal Corporation
- Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
Communities supported include Kununurra and Wyndham.
Jawun Regional Director, East Kimberley> Read more
Sarah has had a diverse career extending across multiple industries, including retail management, visual merchandising, local community and overseas aid and development. In 2015, Sarah relocated to North East Arnhem Land and later joined the Jawun Family in the position of Regional Manager. After taking a short break to complete her Degree in a Bachelor of Education, she continues to develop her skill set as she completes her Masters of Therapeutic Arts Practice. Sarah is absolutely thrilled to be return to the Jawun Family as the East Kimberley Regional Director.
To contact Sarah, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Tyronne Garstone commenced with Jawun as General Manager Regions on 26 October 2020.
Tyronne brings a wealth of experience in the Indigenous sector and his knowledge of remote communities and their priorities is invaluable to Jawun.
Born in Broome, Tyronne is a Bardi Man who has spent the majority of his working life within the Indigenous sector. Tyronne worked for several years as the Chief Executive Officer for Kullarri Regional Community Development Employment Project before taking up a role as the Community Engagement Officer for Pluton Resources.
Most recently, Tyronne was the Deputy CEO at the Kimberley Land Council. He has acquired strong local relationships throughout the Kimberley during his years residing and working in the region and has sat on numerous committees at all tiers of government.
With a background in Indigenous training, employment solutions, social and economic development, Tyronne is keen on brokering opportunities that will deliver sustainable outcomes for the next generation.
To contact Tyronne, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- BCG and Wunan — a powerful combination
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- A secondee impact on Indigenous Trust and a bank branch
- Wunan Transitional Housing
- Digital drivers of empowerment in art and culture at Warringarri Arts
- Driving Education Reforms in East Kimberley
- Supporting the Formation of East Kimberley Job Pathways
- Organisational Review of Menkawum Ngurra Aged Care Hostel
- Supporting the Development of the 'Living Change' Initiative
- Supporting the Development of Indigenous staff across The Kimberley