Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in East Kimberley include the following:
- Binarri-binyja Yarrawoo Aboriginal Corporation
- Gelganyem Limited (Gelganyem Trust)
- Kununurra Waringarri Aboriginal Corporation
- MG Corp
- Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring Language and Culture Centre
- Ngnowar Aerwah Aboriginal Corporation
- Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
Communities supported include Kununurra and Wyndham.
Jawun Regional Director, East Kimberley> Read more
Sarah has had a diverse career extending across multiple industries, including retail management, visual merchandising, local community and overseas aid and development. In 2015, Sarah relocated to North East Arnhem Land and later joined the Jawun Family in the position of Regional Manager. After taking a short break to complete her Degree in a Bachelor of Education, she continues to develop her skill set as she completes her Masters of Therapeutic Arts Practice. Sarah is absolutely thrilled to be return to the Jawun Family as the East Kimberley Regional Director.
To contact Sarah, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Shane has played a key role in driving initiatives designed to empower Indigenous Australia to shape their future by choice, not chance. This has included contributions to significant legislative and policy reforms such as the South Australian Constitutional amendment to recognise Aboriginal custodianship of lands and waters and the introduction of SA’s first Aboriginal Business Procurement policy.
Shane was also a founding member of the Law Society SA, Indigenous Law Student Mentoring Program and in 2018 joined the Don Dunstan Foundation Committee of Management. In 2019 Shane became an Atlantic Senior Fellow for Social Equity and is helping to shape the Indigenous led response to the 4th industrial revolution and the new economy.
Shane has Torres Strait Islander, Singaporean and Kiwi ancestry and in 2019 was appointed General Manager – Regions at Jawun.
To contact Shane, please email: email@example.com
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- BCG and Wunan — a powerful combination
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- A secondee impact on Indigenous Trust and a bank branch
- Wunan Transitional Housing
- Digital drivers of empowerment in art and culture at Warringarri Arts
- Driving Education Reforms in East Kimberley
- Supporting the Formation of East Kimberley Job Pathways
- Organisational Review of Menkawum Ngurra Aged Care Hostel
- Supporting the Development of the 'Living Change' Initiative
- Supporting the Development of Indigenous staff across The Kimberley