Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in East Kimberley include the following:
- Binarri-binyja Yarrawoo Aboriginal Corporation
- Gelganyem Limited (Gelganyem Trust)
- Kununurra Waringarri Aboriginal Corporation
- MG Corp
- Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring Language and Culture Centre
- Ngnowar Aerwah Aboriginal Corporation
- Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
Communities supported include Kununurra and Wyndham.
Jawun Regional Director, East Kimberley> Read more
Michele has extensive experience in program development, management, strategy planning as well as a real commitment to creating positive change within communities. She has worked with two of the lead organisations in the East Kimberley, Wunan and Gelganyem, and now proudly takes on the role as Regional Director with Jawun to continue her focus on creating positive social and economic change in the region through partnerships and collaboration.
Michele has held a range of strategic positions in the Kimberley such as Chair of Regional Development Australia – Kimberley, 7 years as a Shire Councillor including 3 years as Shire President for the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley, Board member for the Kimberley Development Commission, Kimberley Training Institute and was previously the vice chair of the East Kimberley Chamber of Commerce.
To contact Michele, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
Shane has played a key role in driving initiatives designed to empower Indigenous Australia to shape their future by choice, not chance. This has included contributions to significant legislative reforms such as the South Australian Constitutional amendment to recognise Aboriginal custodianship of the lands and waters and the introduction to SA’s first Aboriginal Business Procurement policy.
Shane was also a founding member of the Law Society SA, Indigenous Law Student Mentoring Program and in 2018 joined the Don Dunstan Foundation Committee of Management. In 2019 Shane was selected as an Atlantic Fellow for Social Equity and is presently helping to shape the Indigenous led response to the 4th industrial revolution and the new digital economy.
Shane has Torres Strait Islander, Singaporean and Kiwi ancestry and in 2019 was appointed General Manager, Regions at Jawun.
To contact Shane, please email: email@example.com
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- BCG and Wunan — a powerful combination
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- A secondee impact on Indigenous Trust and a bank branch
- Wunan Transitional Housing
- Digital drivers of empowerment in art and culture at Warringarri Arts
- Driving Education Reforms in East Kimberley
- Supporting the Formation of East Kimberley Job Pathways
- Organisational Review of Menkawum Ngurra Aged Care Hostel
- Supporting the Development of the 'Living Change' Initiative
- Supporting the Development of Indigenous staff across The Kimberley