Working with the Community
Jawun partners with several local organisations on the Central Coast to bring about positive change for Indigenous communities, including:
- Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council (LALC)
- Bungree Aboriginal Association Inc.
- Mingaletta Aboriginal Corporation
- The Glen Central Coast Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Centre
- NAISDA Dance College
- Bara Barang
- Yerin Aboriginal Health Services Inc.
Jawun Regional Director, Central Coast> Read more
Prior to also being appointed Regional Director of the Central Coast region in NSW, Fergus was Regional Director of the Inner Sydney region. Fergus completed a Jawun secondment previously in the West Kimberley region in late 2014, supporting the Kimberley Land Council to develop a leadership training program.
With a career in project management across construction, engineering and business transformation projects, Fergus brings experience in stakeholder engagement, developing requirements, and delivering results to the Regional Director role.
Fergus has a passion for people development and the mentoring of others to help them be successful and achieve their best. This has included involvement in an engineering Indigenous internship program and after school tutoring for Indigenous high school students.
To contact Fergus, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Regions> Read more
In July 2015, Nick was appointed General Manager, Regions, overseeing Jawun’s operations in Inner Sydney, the NSW Central Coast, Goulburn Murray and NPY Lands.
Prior to this, Nick was Regional Director for the NSW Central Coast. He has also worked as Regional Director for Goulburn Murray.
Before he joined Jawun, Nick spent six years living and working in remote Indigenous communities in both Australia and Canada. He worked as the sports and recreation officer with the Alpurrurulam Community Government Council in the Northern Territory, and later moved to Canada, where he held senior management positions with Indigenous healthcare organisations, designing innovative programs focused on building the self-esteem of Indigenous people.
Nick holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Melbourne, a Diploma of Landscape Design, and an MBA from the University of South Australia.
To contact Nick, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- NAISDA: Measuring Value as Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council – collaborating for community
- Transparent Technologies
- Mentoring and Friendship
- Supporting culturally grounded training for Indigenous artisits through IT
- Supporting the Path to Autonomy for Bara Barang
- Supporting The Glen Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centre
- Helping Central Coast Indigenous Organisations Work Together
- Supporting Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council