Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in Cape York include the following:
- Cape York Land Council
- Cape York Partnership
- Good to Great Schools
Jawun also supports key reform agendas including Pama Futures.
Communities supported include Aurukun, Coen, Cooktown, Gordonvale, Hopevale, Kalpowar, Kowanyama, Lockhart River, Mossman, Pormpuraaw, Seisia, Umagico, Weipa, and Yarrabah.
Jawun Regional Manager, Cape York> Read more
Nicola is a HR and Administration professional, experienced in both the private and not-for-profit sector. She started her professional life in Hospitality as a cadet for the ACCOR chain before becoming involved in safety, quality, environment and eventually large project administration in the Civil and Commercial Construction Industries.
Prior to working with Jawun, she worked with Queensland’s largest Indigenous construction company, Bama Services, in the capacity of Administration Manager. During this time she worked closely with the leadership team developing and implementing an “ISO” standard Integrated Management System across their five principle business streams.
To contact Nicola, please email: email@example.com
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- DWF Westpac Leadership program
- Recovery to Resilience
- Transferring skills and supporting the launch of Cape York Girls Academy
- Supporting the growth of Bama Services
- Supporting Better Workplace Practices for Bama Services
- Supporting the Development of Land Trusts in Cape York
- Supporting Djarragun College
- Supporting the Establishment of the Cape York Aboriginal Australian Academy