North East Arnhem Land
Working with the Community
Jawun partners with several local organisations to bring about positive change for the Indigenous communities of North East Arnhem Land, including:
- Gumatj Corporation
- Marngarr Resource Centre
- Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation
- Buku Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre
- Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism Aboriginal Corporation
- Dhimurru Aboriginal Corporation
- Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation
- Miwatj Employment & Participation
Jawun General Manager, Remote Regions> Read more
Glenn Weston joined Jawun in 2015 following a well-regarded career working with Westpac.
Glenn is an avid learner, having studied in four countries. He has extensive experience in management, including over 11 years with Westpac and NAB. He has also managed Telstra stores across three states and ran his own business for five years.
Glenn is passionate about wildlife and enjoys exploring new landscapes, something which he is looking forward to doing more of in Far North Queensland. Glenn and his wife Angela have relocated from Melbourne to Cairns, which they will call home for the coming years.
To contact Glenn, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jawun Regional Manager, North East Arnhem Land> Read more
Sarah joined Jawun in 2016. She has a passion for connecting people with the communities and has spent the last two years leading change within non-profit organisations; enabling and empowering grassroots communities to improve their own lives. Before moving to Arnhem Land, Sarah worked in communications with International Needs Australia, an organisation pursuing innovative solutions to tackle global poverty. Sarah has been living and working in Nhulunbuy for the last 12 months and has enjoyed the opportunity to work alongside the local Yolngu community.
To contact Sarah, please email: email@example.com
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Yolngu and Ngapaki Come Together
- Supporting Yolngu managers to drive change for their communities
- Supporting Gumatj Corporation's Prisoner Rehabilitation Program
- Supporting Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism Aboriginal Corporation
- Strengthening Gumatj Corporation's Small Business Framework