North East Arnhem Land
Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in North East Arnhem Land include the following:
- Buku Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre
- Dhimurru Aboriginal Corporation
- Gumatj Corporation
- Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation
- Marngarr Resource Centre
- Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation
- Rirratjingu Aboriginal Corporation
Communities supported include Gunyangara, Nhulunbuy, and Yirrkala.
Jawun General Manager, Regions and Acting Regional Director, NEAL> Read more
Prior to joining Jawun, Glenn had a distinguished career working with some of Australia’s largest corporates. He has vast experience in management, including running his own businesses for five years, in excess of 11 years banking with Westpac and NAB and running Telstra store teams across 3 states. Glenn joined Jawun 6 years after having completed a secondment in 2009 working alongside the Archer Point Trust in Cooktown.
In 2015, Glenn was appointed as the Regional Director for Jawun’s Cape York operations supporting the Indigenous communities of Cape York. In June 2017 he was appointed to the role of Jawun’s General Manager, Regions, supporting the local leadership in East and West Kimberley, North East Arnhem Land, Cape York and more recently Goulburn Murray, Central Coast NSW and Central Australia.
Glenn is an avid learner holding a number of qualifications including a Bachelor of Accounting and an Executive MBA, which provided him the opportunity to study overseas in four countries.
To contact Glenn, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Rarrtjiwuy Melanie Herdman — a rising Yolŋu voice
- CBA Customer Advocacy: Understanding Indigenous perspectives to support Customers
- Town Vision and a community in transition
- Yolngu and Ngapaki Come Together
- Supporting Yolngu managers to drive change for their communities
- Supporting Gumatj Corporation's Prisoner Rehabilitation Program
- Supporting Lirrwi Yolngu Tourism Aboriginal Corporation
- Strengthening Gumatj Corporation's Small Business Framework