Working with the Community
Key partner organisations in East Kimberley include the following:
- Binarri-binyja Yarrawoo Aboriginal Corporation
- Gelganyem Limited (Gelganyem Trust)
- Kununurra Waringarri Aboriginal Corporation
- MG Corp
- Mirima Dawang Woorlab-gerring Language and Culture Centre
- Ngnowar Aerwah Aboriginal Corporation
- Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
Communities supported include Halls Creek, Kununurra, Warmun, and Wyndham.
Jawun Regional Director, East Kimberley> Read more
Michele has extensive experience in program development, management, strategy planning as well as a real commitment to creating positive change within communities. She has worked with two of the lead organisations in the East Kimberley, Wunan and Gelganyem, and now proudly takes on the role as Regional Director with Jawun to continue her focus on creating positive social and economic change in the region through partnerships and collaboration.
Michele has held a range of strategic positions in the Kimberley such as Chair of Regional Development Australia – Kimberley, 7 years as a Shire Councillor including 3 years as Shire President for the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley, Board member for the Kimberley Development Commission, Kimberley Training Institute and is currently the vice chair of the East Kimberley Chamber of Commerce.
To contact Michele, please email: email@example.com
Jawun General Manager, Remote Regions> Read more
In 2015, Glenn was appointed as the Regional Director for Jawun’s Cape York operations supporting the Indigenous communities of Cape York. In June 2017, he was appointed to the Acting role of Jawun’s General Manager, Remote Regions.
Prior to joining Jawun, Glenn had a career working with some of Australia’s largest corporates. He has vast experience in management, including running his own businesses for five years, in excess of 11 years banking with Westpac and NAB and running Telstra stores across 3 states. Glenn joined Jawun 6 years after having done a secondment in 2009 working alongside the Archer Point Trust in Cooktown.
Glenn is an avid learner holding a number of qualifications including a Bachelor of Accounting and an Executive MBA from RMIT in Melbourne, which provided him the opportunity to study overseas in four countries.
To contact Glenn, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Case studies show how Jawun secondees have achieved real results. If you are interested to learn more about Jawun's work in this region, click on the case studies below.
- Empowered Communities in three regions in 2017
- A secondee impact on Indigenous Trust and a bank branch
- Wunan Transitional Housing
- Digital drivers of empowerment in art and culture at Warringarri Arts
- Driving Education Reforms in East Kimberley
- Supporting the Formation of East Kimberley Job Pathways
- Organisational Review of Menkawum Ngurra Aged Care Hostel
- Supporting the Development of the 'Living Change' Initiative
- Supporting the Development of Indigenous staff across The Kimberley